FOOD | Garlic Rosemary Baked French Fries



GARLIC ROSEMARY FRIES (serves 4)
3-4 medium Potatoes
1 Tbl Olive oil
1 Tbl Garlic
1 TblRosemary
A large bowl of Ice water


1. The first thing you are going to want to do is slice your potatoes, fill a large bowl with ice water, and soak the wedges for as long as you can (minimum 1 hour but some recipes recommend over night!)

Also, I sprinkle a little salt in there. I don't know why but the science-y part of brain says to do it. Then I cover the bowl with a towel and stick it in the fridge.

2. After the fries have soaked I pour out the water and use a towel to dry them. 

3. Start preheating your oven to 450°.

4. In a Tupperware container I cover the dried potato wedges with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary. Close the lid and shake until everything is coated. 

This Tupperware trick is also perfect for salad with dressing. It evenly coats the lettuce and therefore I use less overall. 

Back to the yummy baked fries...

5. Spread them out on a cookie sheet in a single layer and place in the oven for 15 minutes. 

Wait, you're not done yet!!

6. Pull the cookie sheet out and use a spatula to flip the fries over. Bake for another 15 minutes. 

If you know me well then you know I hate spending more than 10 minutes in the kitchen, cooking anything. (Rice used to be torture!) So trust me when I say: THESE ARE WORTH IT!

A 2oz serving is under 100 calories (87 total by my count). I usually estimate each ounce around 45 calories but feel free to correct me if I'm way off!

TIP:

I love to use Trader Joe's garlic olive oil and fresh rosemary.

No comments: