FOOD | Low Calorie Green Smoothie Recipe


I've made this green smoothie for my daughter a few times and she always loves it. It's a really great way to serve up a ton of spinach without eating a salad every day. 

Occasionally we'll toss in fresh berries when they are in season. They give the smoothie a nice boost of vitamins and flavor. Pineapple, mangos, peaches, and fresh squeezed citrus also make great additions to this recipe. Just remember to start a spinach smoothie with green apple. 

As for the amount of each ingredient, I pretty much just wing it. In the interest of blogging, I used my food scale and weighed it out. (Because I love you guys!)

 


This makes a great breakfast and can be doubled to share. 

A few tips:
Use GREEN apples- they significantly reduce the bitterness from the spinach.

Add ice. It's calorie free and you can add as much or as little as you want. 

Blend until you no longer see any pieces of spinach and then blend for (about) 30 seconds longer. 

Rinse the blender right away because the fruit sticks and is harder to clean the longer you wait. 

When you're done with your smoothie grab a mirror and check your teeth for spinach particles. (You're Welcome.)


I hope you enjoy this delicious, low calorie recipe! Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite, I love trying new things!

No comments: