FOOD | Miso Soup and Shrimp Stir Fry





It is always great to mix things up a little when you are trying to cook at home more. Both my husband and daughter love to eat out (who am I kidding, I do too!) but with adopting a healthier lifestyle, the first change we made was the food we eat. 


I've never made Miso Soup before and I have to be honest, the international aisle at Sprout's Farmers Market seriously intimidated me. I had every intention of buying miso paste and making the broth from scratch but then I saw this:

"SCORE!"

I grabbed a package of tofu and some mushrooms for substance. I'm not really a broth-y soup kinda gal; I like to eat, not drink my food. I dropped the ingredients into a large pot and proceeded to simmer them until they could simmer no more. 

"The aroma was delicious!"

I served the soup with Shrimp Stir Fry and white rice. (My family doesn't eat the brown rice so I just let it go this time.)


"Dinner was an absolute feast!"

I'm never hesitant to cook something new because my family tends to be pretty good sports about it. I always take into consideration the things they like (as well as the stuff they don't) whenever I attempt a new dish. Plus I usually keep a few frozen pizzas or cans of chili for the freak times that it doesnt work out. 

I have found a lot of inspiration from websites like Pinterest and several food magazines. Before we cancelled our cable 5 years ago I was a Food Network junkie. 

Do you try to mix things up or are you more of a traditionalist when it comes to preparing food at home? 

No comments: