LIFE | Weight of the World

Fact #1: My body weight directly correlates to the type and amount of food I consume.

When I decided to lose my pregnancy weight last year I made a commitment to eat healthy and exercise. I sacrificed a lot for a long time; by the end of the year I lost 75lbs and felt great. 

And then the holidays happened. And some other shit too. Before I knew it, the scale started to climb and my clothes were getting tighter. 

Fact #2: Losing weight is not easy but keeping it off is even harder. 

Combine 1 part laziness to 2 parts stress and I quickly put on 20lbs in just a few short months. 

The worst part was that I *knew* it was happening. I could see my body changing after I cancelled my gym membership. I could feel the effects the first time I ate fast food again (Taco Bell is seriously disgusting now).

So how bad did it have to get before I decided to make a change. At 10lbs I stuck to a weight loss meal plan for 3 days before I gave up, at 15lbs I joined a gym and went twice, now at 20lbs I am making a serious change and blogging about it to hold myself accountable. 

Fact #3: "I've done it before and I can do again" doesn't mean crap if I can't maintain some kind of permanent balance in my life. 

The road to 20lbs is a lot different than the road to 75. The hill is steeper, there are fewer payoffs in the beginning and the support system has been worn down. 

I have a goal, a "plan" (aka diet), but no real motivation to take me there. 

Where do you find motivation and how do you maintain it after your goal is reached?