LIFE | After Death

Life After Death is the story of my recovery. While it spans the course of over six years, there has always been one overlying theme: Support



Support from my family.
Support from my friends.
Support from doctors, therapists, and medication.
Support from myself.

The expereince was ultimately ruled Postpartum depression. After suffering for so long and not seeking help, I spiraled out of control faster than anyone could have expected.

The hormones combined with my lack of post baby planning created a catalyst for self destruction.

 A year later, thanks to a prescription for Prozac, my depression lifted. Vince and I took our vows and celebrated the union we still share today. The road has been long and bumpy but we have weathered it together, for better or worse.


I have long since been an advocate for Suicide prevention. I knew the risks going into having a baby but even with a plethora of knowledge and support, it just goes to show you that even the expected can be unexpected.

I hope that sharing my story opens a conversation for others. Women, husbands, significant others, young mothers, older mothers, friends, and anyone else who has ever worried about someone they love crossing a line they may not come back from.

Sharing your concerns might be hard at first, but nothing is as hard as losing someone you love. There is defintely a level of selfishness associated from suicide attempts, but I can honestly tell you that within that selfishness lies the obsessive belief that everyone will be better without you.

I believe that suicide can be stopped because I believe that the more we talk about it, the more we can talk about it. And the more we can talk about, the more we can recognize the warning signs in the people we choose to surround ourselves with.

The repercussions of suicide can happen to almost anyone. The feeling of nothingness is not exclusive to hormones, mental illness or seasonal depression. Feelings of failure, an overwhelming loss of control, bullying and abuse are just a few of the experiences that have the potential to limit our lease on life.


Reach out if you think someone might be heading down this path. Give them the support to get help and find answers. There is always an answer.


No comments: